Browse Targets by alphabetucal order
Browse Targets by Condition
Featured Research Area
BOC Sciences has directed sincere efforts toward providing customers with high quality small-molecule inhibitors (inhibitors, agonists and modulators) with optimal prices. Most of our products can be supplied ranging from milligrams to kilograms scale and arrived with analytic report.
Small-molecule inhibitors are a well-established class of potential useful drugs. Our products are included in all kinds of fields of Medical and Pharmaceutical research, such as Neurological Disease, Cancer, Metabolic Disease and so on.
Figure 1 Modes of action for inhibition of protein activity by small molecules
As promising therapeutic molecules for the treatment of a number of diseases, small-molecule inhibitors can be used in conjunction with other treatments, such as RNA interference(RNAi). However, identifying the most specific small-molecule inhibitor associated with disease still remains difficult. We provide some guidelines to help you identify the optimized inhibitors with high affinity for their intended targets:
1. Check the related reference. In reference some inhibitors may be provided with specific selectivity and potency as drugs or as tools for chemical biology research.
2. Assess whether the inhibitor suppress the target in vitro. A reasonable relationship should be between biochemically measured affinity in vitro and effective cellular concentration. It is reviewed regularly in the literature or obtained by experiment in vitro.
3. Measure effectiveness of the inhibitor. Use at the lowest concentration of inhibitors as you can, since at concentrations above 10μM, the inhibitor stand a good chance to suppress other substances besides the intended target.
4. Observe if there are analogs inhibit the intended target. Sometimes similar inhibitors that share the same scaffold have the same rank order potency on cells that they have in the biochemical assay.
5. Use a negative control in each experiment. Inactivation of a closely associated analog in the biochemical assay.
6. Use a positive control. To prove inhibitor selectivity, it is necessary to show the differently structural inhibitor have the same rank order potency on cells that they have in the biochemical assay.
7. Rescue experiments. To exclude off-target effects, to rescue the small molecule-induced phenotype is a very useful way.
BOC Sciences adhere to the principle of client paramountcy. We know the only way to win the customer's trust is to ensure the purity, stability and activity of our products. We will always humbly listen to customer’s comments and suggestions.